Need to Know Beanie Baby Facts Before Visiting Beanie Facebook Groups
The question of errors on Beanie tags comes up quite a bit in Beanie Babies Facebook groups, so we hope this is helpful to explain what are actually errors and what are just the way some tags were printed.
Don’t believe everything you read on the internet about errors on Beanie Babies. We present the Beanie Baby Facts below.
- The year in the hang tag and the tush tag not being the same is not an error. The year on the tush tag is when the name was trademarked and in most cases does not match the birth year.
- The word “original” misspelled on the hang tag as “origiinal” is an error but was printed like that on such a large quantity of Beanies that it doesn’t increase the value.
- The word “surface” misspelled on the tush tag as “suface” or “sufrace” was also printed like that on such a large quantity of Beanies that it doesn’t increase the value.
- Fareham, Hants on the hang tag was that way on all 5th gen hang tags and is not rare.
- No U.K. after PO15 5TX was printed on millions of tags and is not rare.
- The cities and addresses listed on the inside left side of the hang tag changed several times on different generations of hang tags and are not an error.
- The city “Gosport” misspelled as “Gasport” inside the hang tag is an error but was printed this way on a large quantity of Beanies and doesn’t increase the value.
- Having Deutschland on the inside left of the hang tag is not the rare one. The rare one has “Importeur Ty Deutschland” on the back of the hang tag above the UPC symbol.
- The birthdate is written in numbers in 4th gen hang tags (ex. 2-1-96) and spelled out in 5th gen and higher hang tags (ex. February 1, 1996). This is not an error.
- A “;” after the date of birth instead of a “:” was printed on large quantities of Beanies and is not rare.
- A space between the end of the poem and the exclamation point is not an error, many were printed this way.
- Punctuation errors were common and printed that way on large quantities of Beanies before being corrected.
- 1965(KR) on the tush tag is not an error. It also does not mean it was made in Korea. This refers to patent information. If a beanie was made in Korea it will say Made In Korea. If was made in China it will say Made In China.
- No red stamp inside the tush tag is not an error. This was a factory stamp and was only on some 6th generation tush tags, but not all, and doesn’t increase the value either way.
- Having a star, or no star on the tush tag is not an error, there are many generations of tush tags. Click here for Tag Charts.
- Having PVC pellets itself is not rare on most Beanies, all the early Beanies had these. It increases the value on some Beanies if very few were made with those pellets, mostly on Princess. They were eventually changed to PE pellets.
- Having both R and TM on the tush tag is not an error, just one of the generations of tush tags.
Read more on Error Tags, click on the links below:
Back to Beanie Babies Collectors Facebook Group
Back to Top Shelf Beanie Babies Facebook Group